I did a couple of things yesterday that I haven't done in a while.
In the morning I went to the local kitchen store and I bought some knives. I know, I know, I'm a party animal.
But, since my kids started helping me in the kitchen oh about, twelve years ago I haven't had any really good quality sharp knives as I never wanted my babies to grab one and hurt themselves.
But this past weekend, as I was making a total mess of pealing a peach, it occurred to me that my youngest is now nine. I can probably trust them not to slice themselves open on a sharp knife.
So, I went out yesterday and bought two Henckels branded knives and you know what? These suckers are sharp.
The second thing I did was I went to Bath and Body Works and bought a few of their scented candles.
For years if I bought candles my kids would either immediately blow them out, thinking they were birthday cake candles, or they'd stick their finger in them to see what would happen. I've also been known to forget all about a burning candle and leave the house or go to bed with it still lit.
I also can't stand the smell of a dirty diaper layered over with uh, a lavender scent or a green tree smell or some such thing.
Today? Now I have a 'Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin' smell permeating my house thanks to the pretty new candle I bought yesterday.
I can do these things now. My kids are growing up.
Now, how long do you think it'll take before I cut my finger or burn down my kitchen?
I give myself about two days.