I’m starting this list now but plan on adding to it over the weekend.
1. Every time the word ‘school’ is mentioned in conversation, start singing "It’s the most wonderful time of the year" as loud as you can. Kids love this.
2. When you’re sorting laundry, wave your panties and bras in your sons face. I fold and sort laundry on my bed and when I wave my scanties at my son he leaves the room very quickly – sometimes I want this.
3. Sit your children down over the summer vacation and give them extra school work to do. They’ll love you for it.
4. When you’re driving your children some place, lock the doors and windows of your van/car then play your favorite song from the 70’s or 80’s and sing along with it REALLY loudly. Play the song and sing with it over and over again.
5. Talk with your children about all the cool cars you could buy to replace your old beat up mini-van, then go out a buy a ‘new’ old beat-up mini-van instead.
6. Steal the batteries out of their Wii controllers to put in your
vibrator TV remote. Yes, I have the ‘old’ style of Wii controllers that take AA batteries.
7. Each morning of summer vacation when they sit down for breakfast announce in a loud voice how many days it will be until summer vacation is over and they have to go back to school.
8. Talk about your kids on your Blog. My daughter tells me this is VERY annoying. Poor baby.
Please feel free to add a comment with your own ideas.